Display flat Data (Dates & numbers)

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the story creation in SAP Analytics Cloud that I couldn't find an answer for so far.

I'm currently creating a Project-Dashboard to display data about every project. To do that I need a way to display certain dimensions, but also some key figures.

Displaying regular dimensions works fine with the dynamic text-boxes, but there are exceptions:

Displaying a date always shows "(all)", no matter what filters are set. I believe this is because there is a date-hierarchy behind that, but I can't find a way to disable it.

Is there a way to display dates in dynamic texts as "flat" numbers and dots?

Also is there a way to display key figures? Displaying the Budget is important and marking it as a regular dimension overall doesn't really make sense.

Is there a solution to this? Is the use of dynamic texts recommended for my use-case or is there a totally different way to just display data in a story that I haven't found yet.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Comments

• Hi Kevin,

The dynamic text options are indeed very limited. Maybe it is an option to move the date selector from a dimension filter to the query or view prompts? In that case, the dynamic text will just show the selected prompt value.

Cheers,

Xavier

• Hello Kevin,

you can disable the hierarchy as part of the Builder Panel. Select the dimension in the Builder Panel and you should see a menu item "Hierarchy" where you then also can choose to use the Flat view.

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP