How to really "drill down"?

Hi experts,

is there a way to show all data that is available for a certain data point, e.g. here:

I´d like to see the information stored on this data point from all dimensions.

Is there a way to do this without using the explorer (which I find not really helpful for such a requirement)?

Thanks!

Answers

• Hey Georg,

I guess it depends a little on how many dimensions you are talking about. I would actually say that the Explorer is actually the most appropriate way to do it.

Another way would be to use the Hyperlink function and create a hidden page with all relevant dimensions in it. Then you can jump to that page, get your insights, and return back to this page.

A last one might be linked analysis, but then you would need to add all the dimensions on the page. I don't know if this will be feasible.

Regards

Daniel

• Thanks a lot Daniel. We are talking about a large set of data, ca. 80 dimensions.

Explorer: Doesnt work at all. If I enter the explorer I need to start drilling down on each dimension. Not feasible.

Hyperlink function: Ok but how do I set this up? Should be avaiable on each cell of a table.

Linked analysis: is this doable with such a large number of dimensions? What kind of setup do you have in mind?

It is really a petty that this is no standard functionality, would highly increase the user satisfaction as per what I see from clients.

Best regards

Georg

• Hello Georg,

what you describing is not a "drill down" but more a "drill through" where you asking for the raw data behind a specific data point. First of all the actual underlying data source would have to have the data and support such a navigation and then SAP Analytics Cloud would have to leverage it as well. Currently SAP Analytics Cloud doesn't provide the drill through option.

Your best option is either to use Explorer or you want to use a Hyperlink navigation in SAP Analytics Cloud.

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

• Thanks Ingo.

"First of all the actual underlying data source would have to have the data and support such a navigation" -> Yes, that is the case.

"Currently SAP Analytics Cloud doesn't provide the drill through option" -> that is not so good. As said, I see a lot of client requests regarding this.

Can you elaborate a little bit more on the hyperlink option?