SAP Data Warehouse Cloud Community

This is your platform to ask questions, post answers and share your experience with other customers and experts from SAP.

Currency and Unit conversions issues in SAP DWC

harikrishnansharikrishnans BI Solutions DeveloperIndia

I have tried the currency conversion and unit conversion in SAP DWC using the SQL functions CONVERT_CURRENCY and CONVERT_UNIT in Graphical view. But it throws the following error.

I have imported (data been imported into DWC Space) the necessary currency and unit tables from my ECC on HANA, using HANA connection. And the following is the expression/syntax that I have used,

CONVERT_CURRENCY("schema" => <SAP DWC SPACE NAME (where I have imported currency tables)>,"client" => '<CLIENT NO>', "amount" => 1, "source_unit" => 'INR', "target_unit" => 'USD', "reference_date" => '2020-01-10') 

Also, I have tried importing all my currency tables into an Open SQL Schema, but still it throws the same error,

CONVERT_CURRENCY("schema" => <OPEN SQL SCHEMA (where I have imported currency tables)>,"client" => '<CLIENT NO>', "amount" => 1, "source_unit" => 'INR', "target_unit" => 'USD', "reference_date" => '2020-01-10') 

I have also tried the same in SQL view, it says invalid SQL.

Is it a work in progress/limitation till date or let me know if I am missing any thing?

Thanks in advance,

Hari

Answers