BW Connection

harikrishnansharikrishnans BI Solutions DeveloperIndia
edited October 2019 in Data Preparation

While Connecting an On-Prem BW on HANA 7.5 system to SAP DWC, I could see the following four folders,

1. ABAP_CDS - Contains CDS views
  2. BW - Contains BW Objects
  3. HANA - Not showing any objects
  4. SAPI - Meta Data Objects and Built-in BW Objects

From BW stand point, the objects are not grouped as per the Info Area. Instead they are grouped under folders A-Z and 0. Any reasons for that? Also not sure how to search an object from this BW connection.

Though we have HANA models in the DB, they aren't getting exposed through this connections (under HANA folder). Can we expect these objects in upcoming releases?

Really Excited in Exploring SAP DWC, Happy Learning..!

Thanks and Regards,

Harikrishnan S

Answers

• Jascha KanngiesserJascha Kanngiesser Product Manager, Data Warehousing, SAP SE Walldorf, Germany mod

Regarding you feedback on how objects are listed / grouped, please send your feedback via the In-App feedback form so we can circle back with development.

The HANA entities exposed via an ABAP connection are those visible under the 'Content' folder in HANA studio, which does not include objects only visible in the catalog. To be able to consume those objects, you need to create a HANA connection.

• harikrishnansharikrishnans BI Solutions Developer India

@Jascha Kanngiesser Thanks for your reply, In my case, am using ABAP connection, the HANA entities (visible under 'content' folder) aren't getting exposed. While expanding the HANA folder, its not showing any objects. But still my content folder has many objects.

• Jascha KanngiesserJascha Kanngiesser Product Manager, Data Warehousing, SAP SE Walldorf, Germany mod

Can you check TA SU53 in the BW system for the user you used when setting up the ABAP connection? Since the HANA system is browsed via the ABAP stack using the user you provided when creating the connection, it may misses some authorizations to be able to browse the HANA entities.

• harikrishnansharikrishnans BI Solutions Developer India
    edited October 2019

@Jascha Kanngiesser Sure, will check that. Thanks for the information.

Is there any mandatory authorizations to be granted for the users to get expose the HANA objects ?

None that I know of, but haven't checked in detail yet.